At one point I tried painting the black letters but my hand was too shaky to make clean straight lines. Lucky for me the students had steady hands and could do it expertly.
To speed up the process we set up a fan to blow across the paint and speed up the drying. As a bonus it helped disperse the acrylic paint aroma.
The painting started around 11:30 and I made the final brush stroke around 5:00. Fortunately we were able to apply multiple coats to create vibrant colours.
I attached a base to the sculpture to make it stand up vertically and went to take a picture of the final creation but the camera's battery was dead. I will have to wait for the unveiling to take the final photo. Many wonderful pictures of the event were taken and I would like to post them but schools have privacy rules so I will have to settle for a single picture with lots of hands and brushes but no faces.